Starting from support for the refugees, the Foundation had broadened the focus of its activities to include local growth, through the creation of new cultural processes and models for sustainable development.
The Foundation strives to create a cultural and social environment favourable to reception by implementing new employment opportunities for both refugees and local residents through the management of reception projects, the employment of refugees in work experience schemes with local companies and, in the future, the creation of social enterprises. With regard to the above, the Foundation’s stakeholders can be grouped into five categories:
• Refugees, international protection seekers and migrants
• People working within the Foundation (the Foundation’s bodies, employees, consultants and volunteers)
• Companies and associations that collaborate or are partners in the SPRAR projects
• Schools, organizations and associations involved in the projects
• Local residents directly or indirectly involved in the activities